Welcome to Jean Vanier Catholic High School! This section of the website is designed to assist, educate, inform and simplify important information for new parents, returning parents and non-English speaking parents.
Our Mission Statement
Live Simply- Love Generously
We are inspired by the spiritual beliefs of Jean Vanier as we strive for personal excellence as life-long learners within our Christ-centered Catholic School.
Jean Vanier Catholic School Council
Become a member of Jean Vanier’s Catholic School Council!
Our Catholic School Council is comprised of parents of students attending our school, the school principal, vice-principal, non-teaching staff, a student council representative, as well as parish and community representatives.
Council elections occur early in September, and our regular meetings are held monthly. Meeting dates are established at the start of the year and are posted on our website.
As a Catholic School Council Member, you have an opportunity to:
- Provide and share valuable ideas and suggestions in a welcoming and positive environment
- Express diverse opinions and acknowledge democratic principles
- Help develop school policies
- Participate in one of our Sub-Committees
- Vote on where the school’s fundraising dollars can best used
- Help build school partnerships within our school community
- Meet other parents who share a common goals of parent engagement and student well-being and success
All parents are welcome to attend monthly meetings. If you are unable to attend, you can access information related to our monthly meetings via the Catholic School Council page.
Access the information you need, when you need it
We encourage parents to visit Jean Vanier’s school website frequently. The latest school news is also featured in our quarterly newsletter and via Twitter. Follow us on Twitter @JeanVanierCHS.
The Jean Vanier school website contains important information about school policies and guidelines regarding attendance, uniforms, examinations, parking lot safety and cell phone use.
Your Feedback is important to us and questions and suggestions are always welcome. Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org